FireHydrant can create tickets in Jira for each of your incidents with linked tickets for actions performed during the incident and follow-ups for later. This means that all of the proposed actions during your incident will be tracked in your existing project management workflows along with enabling project managers to estimate and schedule follow-up work.
Our integration is simple to set up: provide credentials for your on premise installation, choose the types of tickets to create and set your target project.
- Add a FireHydrant user with access to your target projects. Jira user management is outside the scope of this document.
- Add the FireHydrant Jira On-Premise integration using the username and password created in the previous step. You'll also need your Jira server URL and to authorize access from our NAT IP (18.104.22.168 ) if there are network restrictions.
- Configure the default issue type for incidents, tasks (actions during incidents) and follow-ups (work to perform after the incident is resolved.)
NOTE: You must select issue types from the project where FireHydrant will create your tickets.
- Set the type of relationship to use when linking action items to incident tickets. ie follow-ups can 'block' incidents ensuring that all follow-ups are completed before an incident ticket can be completed.
- Add the webhook to Jira if you want to see updates to your tickets reflected in FireHydrant. The webhook target URL is available at the top of the connection configuration page, it can also be found under system, webhooks in your Jira setup pages.
This step is optional
Jira Configuration in FireHydrant
Webhook configuration can be found by clicking the gear next to your profile picture, selecting System then WebHooks. A direct link to the configuration page can also be found on the connection in FireHydrant.
FireHydrant will create tickets in a single project, that can be specified in your organization settings
You're now ready to create action items and follow-ups in FireHydrant and sync them to Jira.
Note: we do not support required custom fields at this time. If you'd like to experiment with our integration, create a new project without the required custom fields. Please reach out to us using the speech bubble at the bottom right corner of the page to share your use-cases of required fields.