In this onboarding tutorial, we'll go over how to integrate PagerDuty with FireHydrant. If you're not using PagerDuty, feel free to skip this tutorial.
With our PagerDuty integration, we make it easy to link your incidents in PagerDuty to your incidents in FireHydrant. This is a great way to have a coordinated incident response after an initial alert comes in from PagerDuty, right within FireHydrant.
First, you'll need a PagerDuty API key. Head to your PagerDuty dashboard, click "Configuration" and then "API Access".
On the API Access page, click the "Create New API Key", enter in a description. (We recommend "FireHydrant API Key".)
After clicking "Create Key", copy the API Key that has been generated for you, and head over to FireHydrant's integrations page.
On the PagerDuty integration, click "Setup PagerDuty", and enter in the PagerDuty API key that was just generated.
Options with our PagerDuty Integration
Once you've linked your PagerDuty account, you'll have a plethora of configuration options at your disposal:
- Paging w/ FireHydrant's Slack bot
- Declaring an incident on FireHydrant through a PagerDuty alert
- Linking PagerDuty services with FireHydrant services
- Starting a PagerDuty incident using FireHydrant
- Linking PagerDuty alerts within incidents on FireHydrant
- Use PagerDuty schedules to assign roles on FireHydrant